Please note, the information below is not intended to provide, and does not constitute, legal advice. It is for general informational purposes only. If you have a specific question about your situation, please reach out to a non-profit legal service provider.
Here is a list of documents or information to have on hand before you apply for UI:
- Your social security number
- The date you last filed for unemployment insurance, if you ever have
- Your driver's license
- Estimates of your total wages while you worked for Lyft, Uber, or other app-based companies
- The dates that you started and stopped with all companies for whom you performed work
- The mailing information for all of your employers for the last 18 months.
Overview of UI FAQ
How to Apply for Unemployment Insurance - for Workers at App-Based in Companies in CA
Post-UI Application FAQ
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) Application (California) FAQ
Many non-profit legal service providers may be able to help with your claim and are members of the Coalition of Low Wage and Immigrant Worker Advocates (www.cliwa.org).
PHONE NUMBERS TO CONTACT EDD REGARDING YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE APPLICATION